Signs That Your Kitchen or Bathroom Appliances Need an Upgrade
- bathroom remodeling
- kitchen remodeling
No matter how much you love your home, it can happen that you look around one day and start to wonder whether your kitchen or bathroom appliances need an upgrade. After all, if the appliances were in the home when you bought it, there are likely to be newer, better options available.
The same goes if you did purchase yourself but it’s been more than seven years since that time. However, since replacing requires a considerable investment, it’s best to determine whether you’re simply looking for a different look or whether you really need to upgrade.
Do Your Kitchen Appliances Need Upgrading?
Here’s how you can tell if your stove, oven, dishwasher, and other kitchen appliances need upgrading:
- They frequently need repairs. If you’re always having to schedule repairs, then the costs of those repairs are likely adding up. At some point, you need to figure out whether it’s better to use the money you’re paying in repairs to purchase replacements.
- They aren’t energy-efficient. If your energy bill is relatively high each month, then upgrading your appliances can help you lower it. Especially if you purchase ENERGY STAR® appliances, you can be sure to enjoy the most energy-efficient new appliances.
- The style of is outdated. Granted, an outdated style isn’t a reason for everyone to upgrade. However, if you have the money, then purchasing newer models with a more modern look can give your kitchen a more visually pleasing appeal.
Do Your Bathroom Appliances Need Upgrading?
Here’s how to tell if your bath, toilet, vanity, shower, or bidet need upgrading:
- The enamel on is damaged. Although the enamel on bathroom furniture is quite hard, it can still get damaged. This leads to unsightly scratches and dents. These can be repaired, but it’s often better to replace the appliance.
- The plumbing fixtures are worn and broken. Over time, plumbing fixtures can get damaged due to overuse, corrosion, or the buildup of sediment. When multiple plumbing fixtures are significantly damaged, it’s time to upgrade.
- The appliances no longer meet your needs. If you have a regular bathroom but you’re getting older and losing mobility, you might need a different type of furniture. Walk-in bathtubs and higher toilets are better suited to the needs of seniors.
- The style is outdated. If you’re forward-looking but your bathroom is so ‘90s, then upgrading your appliances can be a good idea to enhance your enjoyment of your home.
McHale’s Kitchen and Bath Can Help You
When you’re ready to commit to a project as important as a kitchen or bathroom remodel, you want to make sure the results are beautiful and functional. And at McHale’s that’s what we strive for. We have the skill and expertise to turn your bathroom into the one you always dreamed about.
If you need kitchen or bathroom repairs or upgrades, give us a call. We’re ready to help you today!